BASIC DIGITAL UNDERSTANDING - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? HOW DO WE ACHIEVE IT?
Everyone agrees that a basic understanding of digital technologies is necessary to find one’s way in today’s world, both at work and in general life.
But what about those who are already in a job and in the middle of their work life, those who went to school or graduated from university years or decades ago?
However, there is another aspect to consider: Research & Development does not and should not only happen in large companies.
Even if small and medium-sized companies usually don’t have an own R&D department, innovation is important for them as well. To make innovation happen and to enable a steady progress of the company, it needs employees who…
- … are creative
- … are open-minded and have a basic digital understanding
- … understand what implications digitization may have in their field
- … are both able and willing to ‘have a say’ in the way forward
- … like to interact and cooperate with others as a team
- … generate new ideas & adapt, develop, improve, and implement them
Both innovation and the digital transformation of a company are very difficult, if not impossible, if employees don’t have the relevant knowledge and a basic digital understanding.
Here you can find an overview about the most important digital transformations.